Divorce Mediation offers a more affordable and peaceful way to divorce - without needing an attorney! The short video and questions below will introduce you to Divorce Mediation Services offered by Keiter Mediation.
What is Divorce Mediation?
With Divorce Mediation, we help you and your spouse develop your own agreements for your future. These include but are not limited to:
- How to divide your marital assets and liabilities
- Custody and decision making for children
- Parenting plans and time sharing for positive co-parenting
- Child support (the financial support each of you will provide your children)
- Spousal support (how much and for how long you may pay or receive alimony)
- Any other issues regarding your family's future that are important to you!
Do I Need an Attorney to get a Divorce?
Mediators don't give legal advice. And parties are encouraged to consult with an attorney if there is a question regarding legal rights. However, there is no law in Oklahoma requiring you to get an attorney at any point during your divorce!
Once agreements have been reached, we can assist you in completing the process by preparing court documents and providing assistance for self filing. Once approved by the court, the agreements made in mediation will become binding and your divorce will be complete.
How Long Does Divorce Mediation Take?
Divorce mediation with children and minimal property generally takes two to three sessions depending on the complexity of issues and willingness of parties to negotiate.
How Much does Divorce Mediation Cost?
The average cost of divorce with children in Oklahoma is $18,700, often starting off with $3,000-5,000 retainers for each party. When you mediate with Keiter Mediation, the cost for your divorce mediation will generally range from $2,000 to $3,000. That's not per person, but the total cost! At your consultation, we give you a flat rate for divorce mediation to help you plan your expenses.
Who pays for Divorce Mediation?
Most choose to split the cost of divorce mediation. However, it's up to you and your spouse to decide who pays for divorce mediation.
We have difficulty communicating - how can this possibly work for us?
Emotions are often raw during divorce. We have different strategies to help those who may be uncomfortable communicating with each other. And we can meet together or separately as needed.
Why should we choose to mediate with Keiter Mediation?
- We help you have a peaceful divorce
- We simplify the process for you
- We save you time and money
- We help you focus on the future
- We take care of you from start to finish
Fill out this simple form and we will contact you ASAP to help you take your next step. Or call 405 569-3105 today.