Oklahoma Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training
Learn new or add to your existing skills in working more effectively to resolve various types of disputes. Civil, Commercial and Employment Mediation Training meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act to be certified as a civil and commercial mediator in Oklahoma. This course explains, illuminates, and provides necessary skills for successful mediations, with emphasis on personal injury litigation, commercial issues, and work place disputes. Registration is open to anyone wanting to become a certified civil mediator or add mediation skills to their toolbox. There are no educational requirements for taking this course or becoming a certified civil mediator.
This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association MCLE Committee for attorneys to receive 24 hours MCLE including 2 hours ethics. Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act for mediators to be certified as civil and commercial mediators in Oklahoma.
Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training is held three times a year (Spring, Summer, and Fall/Winter) in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. This three-day course meets Friday - Sunday from 8:30 am - 4:45 pm. Classes are limited to 12 participants. Sign up today to reserve your place!
2020 Course Dates Open for Registration
In Oklahoma City
- 2020 Spring Course, Friday - Sunday, February 28-March 1
- 2020 Summer Course, Friday - Sunday, June 26-28
- 2020 Winter Course, Friday - Sunday, December 4-6
- 2020 Spring Course, Friday - Sunday, February 21-23
- 2020 Summer Course, Friday - Sunday, July 10-12
- 2020 Winter Course, Friday - Sunday, December 11-13
- Understanding the Dynamics of Conflict
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mediation Theory and the Mediator's Role
- Communication Theory and Workplace Conflict
- Mediator Skills and Interventions
- Understanding the Mediation Process
- The Power of Listening
- Separating Interests from Positions
- Dealing with Impasse
- Working with Third Parties
- Ethics and Professional Conduct for Mediators
- Professional Development
- Practical Steps for Marketing your Mediation Practice
Who Should Attend?
- School Administrators
- Work Site Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Financial Planners
- Real Estate Professionals
- Church Administrators
- Health and human services professionals
$975.00 - Regular Tuition
$875.00 - Early Registration for registrations received four weeks or more before course start date.
$775.00 - Group registration discount for two or more people registering together.