Oklahoma Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training
The need for mediation will only grow and the opportunities through online mediation continue to increase even with the COVID-19 threat. People can meet together to resolve their disputes and reach agreements without having to be physically present.
Mediation Training allows participants to:
- create new career opportunities
- increase earning potential
- start or expand your business
- be more valuable to your organization
- improve your resume
- gain needed skills for resolving daily conflict
Learn new or add to your existing skills in working more effectively to resolve various types of disputes. Civil, Commercial and Employment Mediation Training meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act to be court approved as a civil and commercial mediator in Oklahoma. This course explains, illuminates, and provides necessary skills for successful mediations, with emphasis on personal injury litigation, commercial issues, and work place disputes. Registration is open to anyone wanting to become a certified civil mediator or add mediation skills to their toolbox. There are no educational vocational requirements necessary for taking this course or becoming a court approved civil and commercial mediator. And this is the only course required to become a court approved civil and commercial mediator in Oklahoma.
This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association MCLE Committee for attorneys to receive 24 hours MCLE including 2 hours ethics. This program is valid for 24 PDC's for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. Real estate professionals will receive 24 hours credit. Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act for mediators to be court approved as civil and commercial mediators in Oklahoma.
Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training takes place this summer through online-video with Zoom. Winter courses will be held in-person in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. This three-day course meets Friday - Sunday from 8:30 am - 4:45 pm. There is a $100.00 early registration discount for registrations received at least 30 days before start of course. Classes are limited to 15 participants. Sign up today to reserve your place!
2020 Course Dates Open for Registration
Online Mediation Training
- 2020 Summer Course, Friday - Sunday, June 26-28
- 2020 Winter Course, Friday - Sunday, December 11-13
- Understanding the Dynamics of Conflict
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mediation Theory and the Mediator's Role
- Communication Theory and Workplace Conflict
- Mediator Skills and Interventions
- Understanding the Mediation Process
- The Power of Listening
- Separating Interests from Positions
- Dealing with Impasse
- Working with Third Parties
- Ethics and Professional Conduct for Mediators
- Professional Development
- Practical Steps for Marketing your Mediation Practice
Who Should Attend?
- HR Professionals
- School Administrators
- Work Site Administrators
- Financial Planners
- Real Estate Professionals
- Church Administrators
- Health and human services professionals
$1075.00 - Regular Tuition
$975.00 - Early Registration for registrations received four weeks or more before course start date.
$875.00 - Group registration discount for two or more people registering together.