Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training
In Oklahoma and across the country, courts encourage parties in dispute to reach out of court agreements through mediation. Civil, Commercial, and Employment mediators help parties in dispute reach agreements that resolve their dispute.
Civil Mediation Training allows participants to:
- create new career opportunities
- increase earning potential
- start or expand your practice
- be more valuable to your organization
- improve your resume
- gain needed skills for resolving daily conflict
Class starts soon. Grab Your Spot.
Learn new or add to your existing skills in working more effectively to resolve various types of disputes. Civil, Commercial and Employment Mediation Training meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act to be court-approved as a civil and commercial mediator in Oklahoma. This course explains, illuminates, and provides necessary skills for successful mediations, with emphasis on personal injury litigation, commercial disputes, real estate disputes, and employment/discrimination workplace disputes. Registration is open to anyone wanting to become a certified civil mediator or add mediation skills to their toolbox. There are no educational vocational requirements necessary for taking this course or becoming a court approved civil and commercial mediator. And this is the only course required to become a court-approved civil and commercial mediator in Oklahoma. Participants from other states should check with their state regarding specific mediation training requirements for civil mediators.
This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association MCLE Committee for attorneys licensed in Oklahoma to receive 24 hours MCLE including 2 hours ethics. This program is valid for 24 PDC's for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. Real estate professionals will receive 24 hours credit. Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act for mediators to be court-approved as civil and commercial mediators in Oklahoma.
Civil, Commercial, and Employment Mediation Training takes place through online-video with Zoom. This three-day course meets Friday - Sunday from 8:30 am - 4:45 pm, Central Standard Time. There is a $100.00 early registration discount for registrations received at least 30 days before start of course. Classes are limited to 16 participants. Sign up today to reserve your place!
2023 Course Dates Open for Registration
Online - Instructor led video format using Zoom
- 2023 Spring Course, Friday - Sunday, April 28-30
- 2023 Summer Course, Friday - Sunday, August 25-27
- 2023 Winter Course, Friday - Sunday, December 8-10
- Understanding the Dynamics of Conflict
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mediation Theory and the Mediator's Role
- Communication Theory and Workplace Conflict
- Mediator Skills and Interventions
- Understanding the Mediation Process
- The Power of Listening
- Separating Interests from Positions
- Dealing with Impasse
- Working with Third Parties
- Ethics and Professional Conduct for Mediators
- Professional Development
- Practical Steps for Marketing your Mediation Practice
Who Should Attend?
- HR Professionals
- School Administrators
- Work Site Administrators
- Financial Planners
- Real Estate Professionals
- Church Administrators
- Health and human services professionals
$1075.00 - Regular Tuition
$975.00 - Early Registration for registrations received four weeks or more before course start date.