Family and Divorce Mediation Training
In Oklahoma and across the country, the need for mediation will only grow and the opportunities through online mediation continue to increase even with the COVID-19 threat. People can meet together to resolve their disputes and reach agreements without having to be physically present.
Mediation Training allows participants to:
- create new career opportunities
- increase earning potential
- start or expand your business
- be more valuable to your organization
- improve your resume
- gain needed skills for resolving daily conflict
Learn essential conflict resolution skills for becoming a family and divorce mediator. This course meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act to be court-approved as a family and divorce mediator in Oklahoma. The financial, legal, psychological, and procedural dynamics of divorce mediation are explained and then experienced through role plays. Registration is open to anyone wanting to become a family mediator or add mediation skills to their toolbox. There are no educational or vocational requirements necessary for taking this course or becoming a family mediator. And this is the only course required to become a court-approved family and divorce mediator in Oklahoma. Additionally, this 40-hour course meets the recommended training guidelines for family and divorce mediation training provided by the Association for Conflict Resolution and the Academy of Professional Family Mediators. Participants from other states should check with their state regarding specific mediation training requirements for family and divorce mediators.
This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association MCLE Committee for attorneys licensed in Oklahoma to receive 40 hours MCLE including 2.5 hours ethics. Approval has also been granted by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers for Licensed Social Workers to receive 40 hours CE credit including 3 hours of ethics. In addition, approval has been granted by the State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure for LPC's and LMFT's to receive 36 hours CE including 3 hours ethics.
Family and Divorce Mediation Training is being offered through online-video format using Zoom. This four-day course meets on two consecutive weekends, Friday and Saturday from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Central Standard Time. There is a $100.00 early registration discount for registrations received at least 30 days before start of course. Classes are limited to 16 participants. Sign up today to reserve your place!
2021-2022 Course Dates Open for Registration
Online - Instructor led video format using Zoom
- Fall 2021 - Friday and Saturday, November 5-6 and 12-13
- Spring 2022 - Friday and Saturday, March 11-12 and 18-19
- Summer 2022 - Friday and Saturday, July 15-16 and 22-23
- Fall 2022 - Friday and Saturday, November 4-5 and 11-12
Course Topics Include
- The Role of the Mediator
- Finding Your Mediation Style
- Conflict Resolution Theory and Skills
- Communication Skills for Mediation and Beyond
- Dealing with High Conflict Parties
- Impact of Family Conflict and Divorce on Children and Adults
- Divorce as a family problem with legal implications
- Helping Parties Divide Assets and Debts
- Helping Parents Develop a Parenting Plan that works
- Online dispute resolution intro
- Working with self representing parties
- Ethics and Professional Standards for Family Mediators
- Business Basics for Starting out as a Family Mediator
- Practical Steps for Marketing your Mediation Practice
Who Should Attend
- Social Workers
- School Counselors
- Financial planners
- Real Estate Professionals
- Health and human services professionals
$1275.00 - Regular Tuition
$1175.00 - Early Registration for registrations received four weeks or more before course start date.
$1075.00 - Group registration discount for two or more people registering together.