Oklahoma Family and Divorce Mediation Training
Learn essential conflict resolution skills for becoming a family mediator. This course meets the training requirements of the Oklahoma District Court Mediation Act to be certified as a family and divorce mediator in Oklahoma. The financial, legal, psychological, and procedural dynamics of divorce mediation are explained and then experienced through role plays. Registration is open to anyone wanting to become a family mediator or add mediation skills to their toolbox. There are no educational requirements for taking this course or becoming a family mediator. And this is the only course required to become a certified family and divorce mediator in Oklahoma.
This course has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association MCLE Committee for attorneys to receive 40 hours MCLE including 2.5 hours ethics. Approval has also been granted by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers for Licensed Social Workers to receive 40 hours CE credit including 3 hours of ethics. In addition, approval has been granted by the State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure for LPC's and LMFT's to receive 36 hours CE including 3 hours ethics.
Family and Divorce Mediation Training is held three times a year (Spring, Summer, and Fall) in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. This four-day course meets on two consecutive weekends, Friday and Saturday from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Classes are limited to 12 participants. Sign up today to reserve your place!
2020 Course Dates Open for Registration
- Spring 2020 in OKC - Friday and Saturday, March 20-21 and 27-28
- Summer 2020 in OKC - Friday and Saturday, July 17-18 and 24-25
- Fall 2020 in OKC - Friday and Saturday, November 13-14 and 20-21
- Spring 2020 in Tulsa - Friday and Saturday, April 17-18 and 24-25
- Summer 2020 in Tulsa - Friday and Saturday, August 7-8 and 14-15
- Fall 2020 in Tulsa - Friday and Saturday, October 9-10 and 16-17
Course Topics Include
- The Role of the Mediator
- Finding Your Mediation Style
- Conflict Resolution Theory and Skills
- Communication Skills for Mediation and Beyond
- Dealing with High Conflict Parties
- Impact of Family Conflict and Divorce on Children and Adults
- Divorce as a family problem with legal implications
- Helping Parties Divide Assets and Debts
- Helping Parents Develop a Parenting Plan that works
- Online dispute resolution intro
- Working with self representing parties
- Ethics and Professional Standards for Family Mediators
- Business Basics for Starting out as a Family Mediator
- Practical Steps for Marketing your Mediation Practice
Who Should Attend
- Social Workers
- School Counselors
- Financial planners
- Real Estate Professionals
- Health and human services professionals
$1175.00 - Regular Tuition
$1075.00 - Early Registration for registrations received four weeks or more before course start date.
$975.00 - Group registration discount for two or more people registering together.