Oklahoma Family and Divorce Mediation Training
This course has been approved for 40 hours MCLE including 2.5 hours ethics by the Oklahoma Bar Association. Approval has also been granted by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers for Licensed Social Workers to receive 40 hours CE credit including 3 hours of ethics. In addition, approval has been granted by the State Board of Behavioral Health Licensure for LPC's and LMFT's to receive 36 hours CE including 3 hours ethics.
Family and Divorce Mediation Training is held three times a year (Spring, Summer, and Fall) at convenient locations in Oklahoma City. This four-day course meets on two consecutive weekends, Friday and Saturday from 8:00 am - 6:00 pm. Classes are limited to 20 participants. Two courses are currently open for registration in 2019. Sign up today to reserve your place!
2019 Open Course Dates
- Friday and Saturday July 19-20 & 26-27
- Friday and Saturday October 25-26 & November 1-2
Course Topics Include
- The Role of the Mediator
- Finding Your Mediation Style
- Conflict Resolution Theory and Skills
- Communication Skills for Mediation and Beyond
- Dealing with High Conflict Parties
- Impact of Family Conflict and Divorce on Children and Adults
- Divorce as a family problem with legal implications
- Helping Parties Divide Assets and Debts
- Helping Parents Develop a Parenting Plan that works
- Online dispute resolution intro
- Working with self representing parties
- Ethics and Professional Standards for Family Mediators
- Business Basics for Starting out as a Family Mediator
- Practical Steps for Marketing your Mediation Practice
Who Should Attend
- Social Workers
- School Counselors
- Financial planners
- Real Estate Professionals
- Health and human services professionals
$1175.00 - Regular Tuition
$1075.00 - Early Registration for registrations received four weeks or more before course start date.
$975.00 - Group registration discount for two or more people registering together.